Saturday, October 20, 2012

You know what they say about assumptions.



You could label me a million things. And you know what? They'd all fit. Don't get me wrong, I'm not talking about stereotyping. But, just labeling stuff.

For example, you could label me an "artist", insinuating I have a weird sense of style, that I'm kind of "quirky", both of which are true.

Perhaps labeling me as a "lefty", being left handed. Saying I'm dyslexic and and little mixed up. I can't deny it.

Labeling me a "homeschooler" works too. Wether you're saying I'm socially awkward, (which is true.) shy, (also true) or stupid... Okay, that last one doesn't fit. Don't try to make it.

However, keep in mind I am not quirky because I'm artsy, I am not slightly dyslexic because I am left-handed, and I am not... NOT socially awkward because I was home schooled. These things coincide very well, but they do not depend on each other. Being kind of "not normal" around people is my personality, and it would be wether I was home schooled, public schooled, or private schooled. Wether I was artsy or had no taste whatsoever.

I know I don't make a lot of sense, I never have. I like confusing people. The point I'm trying to point out, is don't assume anything about anybody.

Don't assume that because I write a blog, I'm one of those girls that shares everything with everyone and wears my heart on my sleeve. Don't assume that because I'm left handed I spel everythin rong. *cough* Don't assume that because I read a lot comics I belong in Sci-Fi City off of Colonial. (aka Highway 50.) . . . (It's actually kinda a cool place though... Once you remove the stench of desperation and nerds.) . . . (Okay, that was mean.). . . . (I feel kinda bad now.)

Now boys and girls, that is a good example of someone being bad and assuming that a comic book/game/whatever store is covered with desperate guys.

(Might not be a bad assumption..)

Okay, I'm getting carried away.... Somebody stop me.

*Clears throat*

THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment