Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The fiddle is on the roof, and you are in the doghouse.




"WHAT???"

A friend of mine had just informed me that they had never seen The Fiddler on the Roof.

"I really don't know it, like I've heard if I were a rich man or something." 

At this point I truly hoped that they were just messing with me. Though, I could not tell for sure, so I did what anybody would do...

"SINNER!"

And it is true. It must be a sin of some sort to have NEVER seen The Fiddler on the Roof.

Well.... That might be a bit of an exaggeration. However, it is a wonderful example of a Classic. It shows a hard time in history, it is a drama. A comedy. And even a little action. There are timeless musical numbers that are still sung today. And every single time my Momma watches her favorite movie (The Fiddler on the Roof, of course.) she cries, at LEAST once.

*sigh*
 
I know that there are millions who have never seen this movie, among many other classics that everyone should see.. Such as, The sound of Music, The Man from the Snowy River, and Newsies. ;) 

It is very saddening... In fact, I was so disappointed, that I haven't talked to that friend since... Well, kinda.

The fact remains that I am truly disappointed with my friend, and it will be a while before they have redeemed themselves in their taste in the "Media Classics".  

*Tisk tisk tisk*....   

No comments:

Post a Comment