Wednesday, September 19, 2012

No, I'm not sick. I just look like this.


I am a very VERY fair skinned person. I easily sunburn, and have had sunburn fever more than once. (Yes, it's a real thing, trust me.)

On top of that I bruise pretty easily.

That means whenever I go out wearing shorts I look like a vampire who was beaten. (If that even makes sense.... vampires don't get bruises, they don't have blood... duh.)

Okay, that was an exaggeration. But I do try to avoid shorts... I wear jeans a lot.

Today in my Biology class my teacher used me as an example while talking about skin cancer.

"Hannah," She pointed to me, who was quietly hiding in the back row. "would be more susceptible to skin cancer because of her fair pigmented skin...." .... Or something like that.

I've gotten jokes too, but not mean ones. I laugh about it myself.

"Hannah's so pale, she gives the SUN cancer."

(That actually wasn't my joke, just applies well.)

Well, you guys get the point. I'm pale. I sunburn way easily. And when people see me walking down the street they have to wear sunglasses just to look at me.... etc. etc.... Kind of...

Let me just say, I prefer being myself pale, than fake orange, or even natural looking fake stuff...

It's me. It's who I am. Accept it, or get over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment