Sunday, December 30, 2012

The tale of two Links.

So, it was just Christmas. I went pretty cheap on the gifts. (Nobody shun me) I spent an average of 8 or so dollars each gift.

I have eight siblings though (including in-laws) so after so many gifts I kept getting cheaper.... looking around my room.... what could I do for my brother... Sometimes it's hard to tell what he is and is not going to like.

I look into my closet (which is about 1/3 clothes and 2/3 art supplies.) and remember my collection of polymers clay that hasn't been touched in decades.... or something.

But what to do that my brother could appreciate and won't be nearly impossible??

Almost done!! (Link 1.0)
Isn't he cute?? (Link 1.0)
An 8-bit framed picture of one of his favorite video game characters. Link, depicted from the Minish Cap. (Does he even have a last name?)

It actually didn't take me long, not to be vain but I'm pretty good at this stuff. within 20 hours of actually starting I was ready to bake this little creation! He was cute! Adorable even!! I put him in the oven at 275 degrees (as the package directed) but before I knew it my younger sisters busted into my rool yelling about how he was now black! Burnt!

I was frustrated. To say the least.

Link 2.0
But I made a trip to Jo-ann's, dealt out the coupons purchasing more clay and made another one! He was even cuter if that was possible!!

The catch? He was slightly bigger... And no longer fit into the shadowbox I had. -_-

Twas easier mended though, we purchased another (cheap ;) shadowbox and popped that bad boy right in there with some brown paper and 'viola!! The perfect, cute little Christmas gift that didn't quite turn out as cheap as I'd hoped...

The good news? My brother thought it was awesome. :)

FIN.

No comments:

Post a Comment