Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Fluff and other Great Bible Verses.

Let's get things straight and to the point.

THE HOLY BIBLE DOES NOT CONTAIN FLUFF MATERIAL.

That's right, I'm holding on my knee as I type one thousand and forty two (1,042)  pages of Holiness.

From the excruciating details to the mind-blowing un-believable epic tales, this book contains no flaws. None of it is there accidentally. And all of it should be #RedLetter. Because it is all the Word of God.

So then why is it so hard for me to open it's beautiful gold-leaf pages and read it's ESV translated words? Why then can I not always find such joy and comfort in reading great passages from my LORD?

God, you have given us this wonderful tool and we ignore it like it's old technology!

The Bible is actually innovative technology! The first books were created to carry around the Scriptures in a more suitable way. How many scrolls have you seen since?

We must return to this innovative book! I must search for you truths daily and seek the wisdom you have already given me countless times through The Holy Bible.

We are to be doers of the Word, and not hearers only... (found in James) However, we can't even be doers until we are hearers, reading the Word and understanding it's commands. Can we really be serving God in the world without hearing as well? Not to discount serving... But as I said before, there is not fluff in the Bible. Seek Him out. Put some effort into it. And I guarantee He will show you "Great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." (Jeremiah)

Go! Read! Now! Before I blow a gasket!

No comments:

Post a Comment