Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Odd Reality

Has anybody made the observation lately that the measurement of humor varies depending of who's present?

For example, I could be watching a crude children's movie all by my lonesome and just be completely disgusted at how they resort to potty humor to make kids laugh. Then re-watch said movie the following week with my cousins and that same movie that once brought my scorn suddenly becomes the most hysterical thing I've ever seen.

I've had a friend tell me they weren't going to watch a movie until they could see it in my presence for the fear that it would be less enjoyable than they remembered.

And through the course of the last several days I've realized, my life is insane. Actually, I already knew that. But depending on who you are and the way you perceive things my life could be anything. And not in the dreamy "You can be anything" as in, depending on how you look at it: my life is a horror movie. Or, my life if a dramatic romance, without the romance, with some extra drama. Or, my life is a comedy written by Moffat. (Meaning, it snot actually a comedy, just hysterical to watch. And, very insane.) Hey, for the amount of times we break out in song at my house, I could even be a musical. In the most rare of times my life could even be an inspirational movie.

The perception of my life could lead to many very different, very entertaining, conclusions. And as the same with humor and many other aspects, this is altered by the people I talk to and spend time with.

Isn't that somewhat of a sad thing though? I mean, what kind of a person would I surround myself with that would make my life a horror film? *shudder* Better yet, wouldbe the one that's the killer?? All this talk of horror has made me forget where I'm going with this... that is to say, IF I was going anywhere... it's like a train wreck...

Oh, so if the people you spend time with can affect so much of the way you see things maybe you should monitor more of who you see. Now, I'm not telling you to go dump all of your friends who make you feel uncomfortable, or the ones who keep your head out of the clouds. Moreover, surround yourself by the people who will always encourage you in Christ.

Iron sharpens iron. Make sure that you are sharpening yourself with Godly iron, as becoming sharp for any other purpose can only lead to failure.

End.

No comments:

Post a Comment